Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Friday, January 6, 2017

Betty And Veronica's Unusual Distress


By now, most of you that read along know that I cover all aspects of Damsels In Distress or, "DID", regardless if there is any bondage involved or not. And, every now-and-then, I come across something unusual. Like this tale from Betty and Veronica #202 (Vol.I, Close-Up, Inc.~October, 1972). Here, we have a different kind of distress, Betty's apparent allergy to Archie. She can't seem to get near him without horrendously sneezing. To not be near "her Archie" is probably the most dire thing she can face, wot? And one can guess the culprit behind it all...*COUGH*...Veronica...*COUGH* But, in the 70-some odd years that these two girls have been battling one another, things usually tend to work themselves out...with a bit of help. So much so that this ends up being distressful for both girls. I've left a couple of "goodies" at the end that are also from this book, simply because. Read on...and enjoy the gratuitous GGA!











The "goodies"! I've started to scan in a lot of the "GGA" drawn by the late Dan DeCarlo, as found in many of the Archie series books (at least, the ones that I possess in my collection and, in particular the story above). Even though they may not apply to the story at hand, I just can't resist the urge to do so. Enjoy!


No comments: